ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and Backint - Archive versions?

1998-05-13 09:30:46
Subject: Re: ADSM and Backint - Archive versions?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 08:30:46 -0500
I seem to have missed the original on this --

I'm not specifying versions in the init<SID>.utl. I run one management class
for my production environment; we keep it 8 days. This keeps one off-line
backup and seven on-line backups (and their copies). I have the same
retention for the off-line redo logs (two copies for production and
development, one for test and our technical sandbox).

As of last night our database was 160 GB; with the run-length compression
from backint, I think we actually moved about 106 GB to the ADSM server.

Tom Kauffmant
Sr. Technical Advisor
NIBCO, Inc.

kauffmant AT nibco DOT com