ADSM-L

Re: Restoring

1998-01-23 07:28:06
Subject: Re: Restoring
From: Mark Dyer <fzvcp0 AT FLE.GMPT.GMEDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 07:28:06 EST
Pat,

I have encountered a similar situation here.  My clients are UNIX, so the
command structure and system access may be different than what you actually
need.

I logged onto my client as the root user and issued the following command
line:

/<adsm_install_dir>/dsmc restore -fromdate MM/DD/YYYY -todate MM/DD/YYYY
subdir=Yes -replace=all verbose /<restore_startpoint>.

***Note:  I don't do this often, so the capitalization and use of hyphens(-)
will need to be checked.  ALSO, the command entered into the computer as
one continuous line.  I split it into two lines here for readability.

This got us 90% of the data we needed, the remaining 10% was picked up
through the GUI.

Another site I know of manually selects the specific files through the GUI
by viewing Active and Inactive files and searching the directory tree.

Good Luck,

Mark Dyer

UNIX Systems Administrator               e-mail: mark.dyer AT fle.gmpt.gmeds
DOT com
Delivery Management - Server Team         voice: (810) 236-0373 [8-446]
EDS Flint/Saginaw/Bay City Region           fax: (810) 236-9290 [8-446]