ADSM-L

Re: Restoring

1998-01-25 11:38:26
Subject: Re: Restoring
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 11:38:26 -0500
A comment & question:

Eric, my understanding is that a true "point in time restore" requires
more than just installing the V3 client.
The V3 client has the capability, but you must essentially TURN OFF
VERSIONING in your management classes to ensure that it works.

Otherwise, the backup versions necessary to do the point-in-time restore
may not exist!

Am I wrong about this?  Anybody tried it on V3?

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
301-953-6000 X8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert