ADSM-L

Re: BAre Metal Restore on NT V4

2015-10-04 18:02:07
Subject: Re: BAre Metal Restore on NT V4
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 1/14/98 8:46AM
An interesting development...... Since I sent out the original note, I had a
chance to restore it back to NTFS.  Here is how I made it work......

1.  Reformatted the drive

2.  Restored the data

3.  Copied the adsm.sys files to the winnt/system32/config registry.....

4.  Rebooted the machine, signed on as my normal id.  All settings were
missing.

5.  Started ADSM, and did a registry restore - all objects, users, etc.

6.  Rebooted the machine.  Logged on again as my normal id.  All registry
entries were back!

Obviously, the last step did the trick - this step is not documented in the
redbook.  I read the description of the regrest command in the manual, and it
sounded like it was doing the same things the manual steps from the redbook
was doing (step3 above), but there was more.

Thanks for your assistance.

Jerry

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    1/14/98 8:46 AM