ADSM-L

rebinding files

2015-10-04 18:04:42
Subject: rebinding files
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 10/22/97 3:40PM
The first example - (include...) will cause your files to be rebound to the
new management class.

DIRMC is a way to have the directory structure written to a different class.
This is not so much for backup "rules" - after all, you don't have multiple
copies of the same directory - but rather to allow you to keep the directory
entries in a DASD pool instead of having them move to a tape pool with the
rest of the data.  This speeds up the restore process.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    10/22/97 3:40 PM

Hello fellow adsmers:

I need to rebind some files to another mgmt class; (let's say mgmtclass2)
and I don't understand the differences between using each of the following
in the include exclude file.

"include * mgmtclass2"  or  "dirmc mgmtclass2"

could someone please explain the differences of using each one?

Thanks,
Russ