ADSM-L

Re: insufficient memory

1997-08-06 09:59:35
Subject: Re: insufficient memory
From: Lothar Guthmann <ltg AT GOME5.PHYSIK.UNI-BREMEN DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 15:59:35 +0200
Hi Karl,

> im just setting up a new ADSM Server (IBM 43P 233Mhz, 192MB main memory,
> 224MB paging space)

[stuff deleted]

> define library c62 libtype=scsi device=/dev/lb0
> ANR2026E DEFINE LIBRARY: Command failed - sufficient server memory is not
> available.
> ANS5102I Return code 5.

> The manual tells something about insufficient paging (I have 10% utilization)
> or too many processes (the machine is only adsm server).

[stuff deleted]

Maybe you must increase the process limit per user. In order to do that,
go into smit and do the following:
click on "System Environments",
  click on "Change / Show Characteristics of Operating System".
Examine the field "Maximum number of PROCESSES allowed per user".
If it states "40", then there is a good chance you run out of processes.
Increase it to 100 (I did it for our server and had no problems).
BTW: the text of the smit fields is true for AIX 3.2.5.1. Under 4.X it
may be different.

Hope this helps.

Greetings, Lothar