ADSM-L

Re: insufficient memory

1997-08-07 03:51:23
Subject: Re: insufficient memory
From: Manfred Loch <mloch AT MAINZ.IBM DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:51:23 +0200
Hi,
one of our custumers has had the same error message.
It took me several hours to figure out that the drives were
not
available.
A look into the source shows that the same error message (you see) will
be produced by:
memory to hold the library information could not be allocatedby
no drives are accessible although the library should have
drives
no ee or autochanger is available although the library should
have
We where adviced by the lab to open an apar for this.
The return code has to be different for "no memory available" and
"HW
failure".

Regards - Manfred

--
 |\/|   Mit freundlichen Gruessen - With best regards
 |\/|   Mit freundlichen Gruessen - With best regards
 |  |_|    Manfred H. Loch
 |  | |    AIX - Software Service
      |_o  IBM Mainz

 loch @ mainz.ibm.de