ADSM-L

remote console support and wnt adsm servers

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Subject: remote console support and wnt adsm servers
From: Leonard Boyle [SMTP:SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We are learning a little about working with an adsm windows NT server.

One of the questions that have come up is what is the best way to =
automate the
console messages  for operator support.  Most of the  time there should  =
be no
operator support required, but once in a while there can be an =
exception.

For now  we can  place an  adsm admin client  with the  console option  =
in the
operator area.  But we really do  not want to  add consoles that they  =
have to
eyeball every few minutes for possible work.

We would like to  have something that will in real time  scan the =
messages and
send the important  ones to a central console (most  likely another =
platform).
(With our vm adsm server we use the vm:operator product for this).

For example  a request to check  on a dlt tape  drive i/o error could  =
be send
over to an  hpux window, or an  vm:operator screen or a mvs  console. =
Then the
operator could go to the wnt box to handle the problem/request.

Before we reinvent  the wheel, Is someone else doing  something like =
this with
adsm servers. A perl script on AIX? A NT resource kit tool? Other?

Thanks len

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513