ADSM-L

Re: Question about Inactive files expiring

1997-03-18 16:10:49
Subject: Re: Question about Inactive files expiring
From: Dianne Sharp <DSHARP AT CLEAR.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 09:10:49 +1200
Thanks for that answer.  That's what I thought.

By the way, Andy, you sent me some info in January on how to handle
problems I was having with doing selective backups and files not being
made inactive.  I just wanted to let you know that I have followed your
suggestion to make the backup incremental instead and it appears to be
working fine.  Hopefully once the inactive files expire, we will start
to get quite a few tapes back.

Also, I tried what you suggested for deleting certain directories within
a filespace (i.e. create a Management class called DELETE and bind files
to it, etc.)  That has also satisfied my requirement.

Thanks alot for your help.

Dianne Sharp
Operations Analyst
CLEAR Communications, Auckland, New Zealand
dsharp AT clear.co DOT nz