ADSM-L

Re: Help me!!

1997-03-18 15:33:13
Subject: Re: Help me!!
From: Paul Beck <beckpau AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 20:33:13 DST
Addressed to: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
              Chris Benson <chris_benson AT UK.IBM DOT COM>

** Reply to note from Chris Benson <chris_benson AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:40:56 EST

Chris,

   I hope I can help you some, but I will need more info from you as well...

> I am desperately trying to define a 4mm DDS-2 drive to ADSM. I have it
>installed in a server520 running OS/2 Warp 4 Server. The 4mm DDS-2 is an
>IBM 4326NP/RP. I have been able to access it using Novaback and have
>backed up and restored files okay.

> Whenever I try to look at available SCSI devices in the ADSM server menu
>I get a Tarp error with the AIC7870 device driver.

   First - What version of ADSM server are you running and have you assured you
have the
correct level of device support license?

   Second - you checked the device compatibility and assured that the IBM
4326NP/RP drive
is supported by ADSM, right?

   Third - What backup client software are you using?

   Fourth - You have removed the Novaback device driver from the CONFIG.SYS and
rebooted,
right?  If not, that could explain the trap error.

>Also, how do I define a drive to the tape in ADSM, I do not have any
>docs and all the on-line info seems to centre on 8mm only.

   I presume the tape drive is a standalone unit, not a tape library...correct?

   The process is:
        1.  Define a library - example:  define library manual1 libtype=manual
        2.  Define a drive - example:  define drive manual1 drive1
device=tape01$
              Where: 0 represents the location of the SCSI adaptor, and
                     1 is the SCSI device address
        3.  Define a device class

   You will find ADSM administration much more rewarding if you get a set of
manuals, or at
least get the CD manual set.

     Paul C. Beck
     Paul C. Beck