ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT scheduler client running as a Service

1996-11-17 11:38:47
Subject: Re: Windows NT scheduler client running as a Service
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 11:38:47 EST
On Sun, 17 Nov 1996 09:06:42 -0500 Chris Halstead said:
>Hello all,=20
>I'm relatively new to ADSM and was wondering if anyone out there could
>tell me if they have run the NT client as an NT Service.  We are
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>Chris Halstead, MCSE
>Network Engineer
>John H. Harland Co.

Good Morning John

We are doing it. If you fetch the latest pft level (.5) of the windows
32 client, IBM includes an install utility to set up the client to run
as a service. It also posts key events to the windows nt event log.

len

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513