ADSM-L

HELP

1996-09-26 08:15:01
Subject: HELP
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 14:15:01 +0200
After upgrading our adsmserver from 2.1.0.6 to 2.1.0.9, I
ended up in a big mess. I did apply, but smit did a commit,
so there was no way back. After that I decide to start all over
again and remove all the adsm-software.
What I forgot was that after removing the software, also the
/usr/lpp/adsmserv directory was removed (with .opt files) :-(
The only files left are the devconfig and volhist-files (saved
on an other filesystem).

Question:
after reinstalling the base-releases adsm.usr.2.1.0.2 and
adsmserv.usr.2.1.0.6, what is the most simple way to tell
the server where his database is and what his config-files
are? Or do I have to initialise the database also and use
the dsmserv restore db command?
So what is the procedure to come back in the original situation?

I did read the Installing the Server and Admin Client
how to reinstall ADSM, but can't find anything (exept
restore db).

(running ADSM V2.1.0.3 on a SP2 (AIX 4.1.4.0) using 3494 with 4 3590 units).

Regards,

Henk ten Have                   SARA, Academic Computing Services Amsterdam
Systems Programmer              Kruislaan 415
E-mail: hthta AT sara DOT nl           1098 SJ Amsterdam
Phone : +31205923000            The Netherlands