ADSM-L

ADSM Server

1996-09-26 09:05:19
Subject: ADSM Server
From: "T.JOSEPH TAN" <tonyjoe AT SINGNET.COM DOT SG>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 21:05:19 +0800
Hi ADSMers.,

I have two questions regarding ADSM Server..
My Server platform: Running on OS/2 warp connect/3
                    Communication is TCP/IP
                    Installed Lan Server 4.0
                    Hdisk space is 1.7GB
                    Using IBM Tape auto loader, model C1553A.

1). Let say, if one of my client is having some problem and I need to reinstall
    the whole softwares and applications in the client server that the data was
    being backed up by the ADSM, on the tape.
    A). Do I need to reinstalled only the base OS system from the ADSM tape
        to be able to get back all my old data?  Or do I need to reinstall
        all applications for instance.. (Ami pro..Notes & etc) to get back or
        my saved file from the tape?

2). At the present time, I am currently using the H/Disk & tape to backup
    software from the client site(OS/2), my dept could like to use another
methods of
    backing up data.. using the recorder able CD ROM about 650MB(read/write
disk).
    B). May I know what could you recommend for the correct hardware.. as in
the brand
        of the CD writer that I should buy and the kind of procedure that I
need to do
        for the correct backup from Client H/disk image to ADSM server CD
devices?

I appreciate all advise from you guys, thanks a lot!!

Best Regards,

Joseph Tan (E-mail address: tonyjoe AT singnet.com DOT sg)