ADSM-L

Re: HELP

1996-09-26 12:28:41
Subject: Re: HELP
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 18:28:41 +0200
>As to how to get back up and running: you need to recreate your dsmserv.dsk
>file (also in /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin). Use your favorite text editor to create
>a plain text file containing the names of your ADSM server recovery log and
>database files.

>Hope this helps.

 Thank you Andy, indeed this helps. I found this tip also in Installing
 Server and Admin Client page 41, a chapter about DSMSERV INSTALL which
 I skipped a couple of times, because when you use that command it will
 "destroy any data that previously resided in your database".
 Between the lines there is a small talk about dsmserv.dsk and the
 meaning of it.

 After restoring the files and restart the server again, I get the
 following (warning)messages:

 ANR0000W Failure opening default locale(-1).
 ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 16:51:18 on Jan 19 1996.

 ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
 Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.6/0.6

 Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

 5765-564 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 1995. All rights reserved.
 U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
 restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

 ANR7801I Subsystem (master) PID is 1071910.
 ANR0900I Processing options file dsmserv.opt.
 ANR0990I ADSM server restart-recovery in progress.
 ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 152 megabytes.
 ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 3800 megabytes.
 ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
 ANR0353I Recovery log analysis pass in progress.
 ANR0354I Recovery log redo pass in progress.
 ANR0355I Recovery log undo pass in progress.
 ANR0352I Transaction recovery complete.
 ANR2100I Activity log process has started.
 ANR0811I Inventory client file expiration started as process 1.
 ANR2803I License manager started.
 ANR2835I Server is licensed for 51 clients.
 ANR2843I Server is licensed to support UNIX clients.
 ANR2854I Server is licensed for device support module 4.
 ANR8200I TCP/IP driver ready for connection with clients on port 1501.
 ANR9999D drminit.c(393): Invalid row in DRM Global Attribute Table encountered.
 Run DSMSERV AUDITDB DRM command.
 ANR9999D drminit.c(393): Invalid row in DRM Global Attribute Table encountered.
 Run DSMSERV AUDITDB DRM command.
 ANR2560I Schedule manager started.
 ANR0993I ADSM server initialization complete.
 adsm>
 ANR0812I Inventory file expiration process 1 completed: deleted 0 backup files
 nd
 0 archive files.
 ANR8451I 349X library 3494LIB is ready for operations.

 So i did run DSMSERV AUDITDB DRM command:

 dsmserv auditdb drm
 ANR0000W Failure opening default locale(-1).
 ANR0000E Unable to open language AMENG for message formatting.

 Anyone any suggestion?

(running ADSM V2.1.0.6 on a SP2 (AIX 4.1.4.0) using 3494 with 4 3590 units).

Regards,

Henk ten Have                   SARA, Academic Computing Services Amsterdam
Systems Programmer              Kruislaan 415
E-mail: hthta AT sara DOT nl           1098 SJ Amsterdam
Phone : +31205923000            The Netherlands