ADSM-L

Re: Starting up with ADSM

1996-09-23 11:19:05
Subject: Re: Starting up with ADSM
From: Chet Martel <cmartel AT PEACH.FRUIT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 10:19:05 -0500
For the easy question the ADSM database is backed up with the backup db
command which can be
set up using the administrative schedule.  Chapter 14 of the ADSM for AIX
admin guide or
something similar for your environment has full details on how to backup
ADSM as compared to
backing up your data.

Since you are using Oracle and it applies to other DB's as well, you must
consider when you
can issue a dbstop to shut down your Oracle Instances.  We perform an export
and back that
file systems using ADSM.  This is good as long as you have sufficient disk
space.

Your memo indicates that you realize that ADSM only does ONE base backup and
all the
other incremental build on that.

It looks like you are planning on having a large database to keep track of
all these cartridges.
You will have to revisit collocation and manual updates to your database for
vaulting.

Good Luck.