ADSM-L

What happens on ANS4078E *** Directory path not found ***

1996-06-27 15:00:26
Subject: What happens on ANS4078E *** Directory path not found ***
From: Vern Maxson <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 14:00:26 EST
I have a user who is trying to archive a massive number of files, something
over 100,000 in the directory.  It seems that there was an invalid
symbolic link in the directory that caused error:  ANS4078E *** Directory
path not found ***.  ADSM had already archived about half the files, and
it appears that ADSM then stopped archiving any more files.  The Messages
Manual says that processing stopped, and to correct the syntax on the call
and retry the operation.  Unfortunately, the files came on a CD, which also
came with the invalid symbolic link, so my user cannot fix the error.  This
seems to be an unfortunate choice of options for this error.  Is there any
way to get around this, short of copying all the files to disk first?