ADSM-L

Using 3590 tape drives

1996-06-27 15:02:25
Subject: Using 3590 tape drives
From: Ivan Mews <ivan AT GLOBETRL.GLOBAL-TRAVEL.ON DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 15:02:25 -0400
Hello,

We're running ADSM 2.1.03 on an RS/6000 server. We're using a pair of 3590B11's.
I have set up the first drive for all regular backups and archives. The other
drive is to be used for the copy storage pools and the ADSM database backups.

I'm curious as to the best way to setup the tape volumes for the second drive.
Do you define a separate device class for both the Database backups and the
copy storage pools tapes, even though the tapes are in the same library? Do
you define the volumes as private or scratch?

If anyone has experience in these areas, I would appreciate the advise.

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

Ivan Mews                               Technical Support
Global Travel Computer Services         Voice:  (905) 479-4949
7550 Birchmount Road                    Fax:    (905) 479-5420
Markham, Ontario, Canada                email:  ivan AT
globetrl.global-travel.on DOT ca
L3R 6C6