ADSM-L

IBM Service Problems. IBM Please Help!

1996-05-13 16:46:23
Subject: IBM Service Problems. IBM Please Help!
From: Dave <dave AT SSNET DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 16:46:23 -0400
Hi All,

I'm hopeful that an IBM'er will look at this post and see if they can help
me (and Dupont) resolve a problem with IBM Service and ADSM.

At the start of this year we began having problems with an AIX Adsm client
dropping sessions during scheduled backups with tcpip failures.  Backups
started with the dsmc incremental command work fine, it is only with a
scheduled backup does the session fail during the backup.

A coworker opened a ticket (PMR8X376) with IBM about the beginning of this
year.  Since then we've received nothing but flak from David Bohm (the
IBM'er responsible for the ticket) and repeated requests for information
that we already provided him with. The guy even went on vacation for a week
and didn't tell us!  When we've asked to escalate the ticket the response is
something to the affect that escalation will not facilitate the problem
resolution process.

The coworker is pretty exasperated (as are the sys admins of the affected
aix systems).  I find this sort of organizational run-around infuriating and
would like to have this trouble ticket escalated to a senior management
person at IBM for resolution, if possible.

To IBM'ers:  I realize most of you on this listserv are probably development
folks, but if you could kindly forward my note to someone who can expedite
resolution I would really appreciate your time and energy.

It's too bad that a product as innovative and superior as ADSM would have to
suffer at the hands of incompetent service.

Thanks,
Dave.