ADSM-L

Re: SunOS ADSM support

1996-04-24 15:58:55
Subject: Re: SunOS ADSM support
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 15:58:55 -0400
On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Jerry Lawson wrote:

| No - I mean 4.1.4 - The customer provided me with his documentation on the
| configuration of the machines he wants backed up, and according to his
| configuration data, he is running a combination of 4.1.3_U1, 4.1.4, and Solari
| s 2.4.  (He also has one machine just documented as "Standard Sun OS", what
| ever that is.)  Is 4.1.4 fairly new?

Oh, OK.  4.1.4 has been around for some time.  There is not much
difference except that it incorporates all the patches that 4.1.3 would
need.  It's been around for years (and I'm sure will be around for a very
long time).  Many people use 4.1.4 on hosts that don't really have the
disk space/cpu/memory requirements of Solaris.

Joe Morris - morris AT unc DOT edu - http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
OIT/Computing Systems, Development