ADSM-L

Re: Backup DB

1995-12-15 13:42:44
Subject: Re: Backup DB
From: Kent Johnson <johnsk6 AT RPI DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 13:42:44 -0500
Does this apply to incremental db backups?

So for example, if you're doing weekly full backups and daily incrementals,
will you need seven tapes for the whole process?

Or, are incrementals appended to the full backup tape?

Kent

On Dec 15, 10:50am, Dave Cannon wrote:
> Subject: Backup DB
> >There is a "VOLumenames= volname" on the "BAckup DB" command.  "Scratch"is
> >the default so you WILL get a new tape for each backup if you simply typ
> >"BA DB DEV = devclassname".
>
> >Take a look at pg 51 in the "Administrator's Reference" SH26-4040-00.
 Ithink

--
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu