ADSM-L

Moving Tape Pool To Scratch Pool

1995-10-12 16:17:19
Subject: Moving Tape Pool To Scratch Pool
From: Ron Ritchey <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 15:17:19 CDT
We are looking at moving some tapes that we have definde in a ADSM
tape storage pool to our scratch pool. Is there an easy way to do
this without loosing the information on the tapes? It looks like
I need to delete all the filespaces associated with that tape pool and
then remove the tapes from the tape pool. Next move the tapes to our
scratch pool, put them in the TMC and then back all the machines up
that I deleted data for. Is that what needs to be done, or would there
be a better way?