ADSM-L

bootable recovery

1995-10-12 14:06:46
Subject: bootable recovery
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 11:06:46 PDT
Paul said...

It'd be really great if the product could be enhanced to add disaster
recovery support.

We hear you and are work diligently on some additional ADSM assistance
for disaster recovery.  Part of our phase 2 of that work will
probably include bootable creation support for various platforms.
This will probably just be a packaging of some of the type of
work that's already been done (ie, by Paul Z, Jerry Lawson, Andy Raibeck,
Ken Morse, et al)...but we want to make it easy for the masses by
including it as a feature of the ADSM product....

I know the next question...when?  Phase 1 of this work will be
in the 'near future', hopefully by 1H96...Greg Tevis