ADSM-L

auto-scheduling with MAC

1994-07-28 16:19:03
Subject: auto-scheduling with MAC
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <WTS AT CAPSLAN.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 15:19:03 EST
Perhaps I used all the energy I had solving a MAC ADSM install problem
where the preferences file name *appeared* to be "ADSM Preferences",
but was not (It had some non-display character at the end of the name)
 :-(   ... but ...

Though I can now double-click on the ADSM Scheduler icon in the ADSM
folder to start the scheduler, I cannot do the same from the System
Folder Startup Items, after dragging the Scheduler icon there.

When I do this, I get the (as far as I can tell, undocumented) message
ANS0101E with message text containing (at least) "Macintosh HD" and
"adsm messages".

What do you suppose I did unexpectedly?

nobody's MAC expert,
wayne

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group -- CAPS        internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
University of Maine System   BITNET/CREN: WTS@MAINE