ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-06-02 10:33:14
From: Martha McConaghy <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 10:33:14 EDT
Hans,

Its also something I've been concerned about.  I don't know enough about
the internals of ADSM to know if it is a problem or not.  For my default
group, which goes to disk, I have the following definitions:
Mode - Modified
Serialization - Shrstatic
Frequency - 0
Extra Versions - 2
Verdelete - 1
Retextra - 30
Retonly - 60
Storagepool - BACKUPPOOL

For the selective dump, which goes to tape, I have:
Mode - Absolute
Serialization - Shrstatic
Frequency - 0
Extra versions - 2
Verdelete - 1
Retextra - no limit
Retonly - no limit
Storage pool - LAN_SERVERS

So far I have not had a problem with losing extra copies.  However, I have
maintained the same number for extra versions and Verdelete in each
group.  That may be the secret.  I haven't had a chance to experiment with
any other combinations.

Martha