ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-06-02 09:34:37
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 09:34:37 EDT
----------------------- Mail item text follows ---------------
         Dato: 02/06/94
          Fra: Hans Kilian                                  HKK      - TEXT
          Til:                                              INTERNET - IBMMAIL
         Emne: 2 kinds of backup
Martha,

Thank you very much for pointing us towards the SELECTIVE command. Somehow we
had managed to overlook it. I have a question with regards to your setup:

Does ADSM get confused in any way when you back up the files to one management
class one day and another management class the other day? If you have manage-
ment class DAILY with 4 generations and management class MONTHLY with 13
generations, I would be afraid that when I do my DAILY backup, ADSM would say:
'OK, now I only need four generations, so I'll just throw these 9 old ones
away'. Is that a problem?

Regards,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark