nv-l

[nv-l] Re: [tme10][tec 3.7]

2003-01-31 06:51:42
Subject: [nv-l] Re: [tme10][tec 3.7]
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:46:10 +0000
       Robin,
There is one Tivoli Field Guide on the IBM/Tivoli website which is written by the guy who wrote the netview.rls TEC ruleset. It is very helpful.

Other than that, I am currently charged with spec'ing out the major update to the Advanced NetView class. TEC / NetView integration is going to be significantly enhanced in this rewrite. Areas I currently plan to address are:
   NetView rulesets & the ruleset editor
   Configuring NetView to map NetView TRAPs to TEC events
   The nvserverd TEC adapter in NetView
    How to customise the TEC Server for NetView
    Reaching the NetView Web Console from the TEC Console
    NetView's Router Fault Isolation (RFI)
    Integrating NetView with IBM Tivoli Switch Analyser for Layer 2 events
    netview.baroc and netview.rls in the TEC Server
    Using the new state-based TEC Gateway with NetView

I would appreciate feedback from anyone on this topic list. I would also appreciate feedback from folks as to their interest / budget to attend a class that embraces these areas.

Kind regards,
Jane

Smith, Robin wrote:

Hi all

        We are currently investigating TEC/Netview integration, any
tips/hints would be welcome.  I tried to locate a redbook but couldn't find
one.

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2003 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.