nv-l

Re: [nv-l] OT: Semi Off Topic...Nortel - Bay Info

2003-01-16 04:57:53
Subject: Re: [nv-l] OT: Semi Off Topic...Nortel - Bay Info
From: "Dietmar Gaulhofer" <DIETMAR_GAULHOFER AT at.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:46:09 +0100
Hi,

i have been playing arround with Optivity until Verison 9, and had a lot of
problems with it. More or less i didn't like it.
Old Synoptics devices where often showing wrong information on the
Device(Expand) view. The MAC-IP find function
was not working on BH5000 and some other devices..... The Baystack/Accellar
are better to view with the
Java Device Manager or Optivity Switch Manager. In Addition Optivity is
polling,  and has also a Trap receiver.
So you should be careful which function you want to use....

But maybe everything has changed in Version 10.

good luck

Dietmar Gaulhofer, IBM Österreich
Systems Engineer
ITS - Integrated Technology Services - Unit Austria
Email: Dietmar_Gaulhofer AT at.ibm DOT com
Tel: +43/1/21145-2756

Don Seitz <don AT omegamin DOT org> on 15.01.2003 17:17:38