nv-l

[nv-l] 7.1.3 Upgrade problems

2003-01-07 04:47:58
Subject: [nv-l] 7.1.3 Upgrade problems
From: "Christian Frantsen" <cfrantse AT csc DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:47:58 +0100
Hi!

I just upgraded a Solaris8 Netview 7.1.2 server to 7.1.3.
The Java Client was also upgraded from 7.1.2 to 7.1.3

Everything went fine except for a few things:
When I try to make any kind of diagnostic on a node (demand poll etc) via
the web console I get the following error: An unspecified failure occurred:
Error 405

When checking the object properties for a node, the "Other" part is empty.
It works in the X gui and on the command line (nmdemandpoll etc.), so it's
probably some error ni the webserver/java part.

I used the "Netview Integrated TCP/IP Service Component" CD from the TEC
bundle to upgrade a standalone server, I hope it's ok to do that. I assumed
that was the media to use since I haven't gotten any other Netview CD's.

Anyone know what causes this?

I saw that there was a fixpack released, so I downloaded and read the
README file and it says you need to have Installshield Multi-Platform
executable or install TestFix. Where can I find these?

Christian Frantsen
Network Engineering Services
Computer Sciences Corporation
Jonkoping, Sweden