nv-l

RE: [nv-l] nv-l] snmp/icmp polling

2003-01-06 13:07:56
Subject: RE: [nv-l] nv-l] snmp/icmp polling
From: "Francois Le Hir" <flehir AT ca.ibm DOT com>
To: <Karl.Prinelle AT elyzium.co DOT uk>, nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:07:56 -0500
karl,

I was talking about the "I" flag in oid_to_type. It has probably the same
effect as using the "^" with an oid in the seed file.

Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services
Phone: (514) 205 6695

                      "Karl Prinelle"

                      <karl.prinelle@ely        To:       Francois Le
Hir/Quebec/IBM@IBMCA
                      zium.co.uk>               cc:

                                                Subject:  RE: [nv-l] nv-l]
snmp/icmp polling
                      01/06/2003 12:26

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      Karl.Prinelle

Thanks for that - I've had another run through the options you suggested
& it seems that there is a difference between using the "^" in the seed
file and using "I" in the oid_to_type.  The latter prevents any snmp
operations, although it does set isSNMPSupported to TRUE.  The former
also collects SNMP location, description etc..  Taking what you said
about using the oid, I've found that ^@1.3.6.1.4.1...... works to set
icmp status polling from netmon.seed which is a nicer option for those
Nortel devices that won't play fair.

Tracing the network shows that status polling is ICMP as expected, but
are there other differences?

I take your point about the disable all option - I've concentrated on
this problem too much and forgot about the rest of the world!  Nothing
better than tunnel vision to start the year ;-)

Many thanks

Karl Prinelle
Tivoli Certified Consultant
Elyzium Ltd
Enterprise Systems Management Consultants
Mobile: +44 (0)7813 189198
Email: Karl.Prinelle AT elyzium.co DOT uk
http://www.elyzium.co.uk

---
Elyzium Disclaimer:

This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the
person or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or disseminate the
information, or take any action in reliance of it. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of any organisation or
employer. If you have received this message in error, do not open any
attachment but please notify the sender (above) deleting this message
from your system. Please rely on your own virus check no responsibility
is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any bug or virus
infection.

---