nv-l

RE: [nv-l] MIB expression does not work correctly

2003-01-03 13:11:20
Subject: RE: [nv-l] MIB expression does not work correctly
From: "Dejan Mijailovic" <dejan.mijailovic AT inquent DOT com>
To: "Mildeberger, Thorsten" <thorsten.mildeberger AT eds DOT com>, <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:11:20 -0500
Thorsten,

Not quite sure what are you trying to do, and I am afraid you MIB RegExpr
means nothing.

First, you are right, no "less them" for snmpCollect on Unix, and I must say
that is very weird. I was wondering, what would IBM say about that.

I looks like you have your IPs "inUse" and "free" mibs, and it looks like
you have no choice but to monitor your "inUse" values, and decide what you
maximum limit is and set the snmpCollect to trigger the trap if "inUse" goes
above the specified numbers of IP assigned to DHCP clients.

I usually do simple ratios in %. This is a formula:

"inUse"              "inUse"
"Total_IP"           "inUse + free"

You total is well known number, or just a MIB,.. If you don't have that then
do this:

"inUse"
"inUse"
"free" +/ 100 *