Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Changing Windows master to Linux master

2015-04-29 18:00:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Changing Windows master to Linux master
From: Joe Liston <joeliston AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dan Pritts <danno AT umich DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 18:00:09 -0400
I actually just went through the process of going from a Windows master server to a 5230 appliance (SUSE Linux). I'm actually typing this reply as I sit in a WebEx session with Symantec and the professional service we used as there are a few leftover issues.

I will say this, if I were to warn you of anything, it would be to go ahead and restore any catalog archives you made before migrating. This has been the biggest headache so far. I really wanted to do this before we started but for several reasons outside of my control that could not happen.

Joe