Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1 - Windows Slow duplication Tape to Tape

2015-01-29 01:17:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1 - Windows Slow duplication Tape to Tape
From: tanders1 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:36:05 -0800
Hello,

I have been pulling my hair out for a couple of weeks on this issue. I first
backup to tape and that is multiplexing so lots of jobs run at the same time.
Then, I start duplication from the current tapes to new tapes. For some of the
server images, it goes pretty quickly and I can actually watch the file size go
up as it duplicates. Then, there are server images that take forever, sometimes
over two days where there can be five minutes that go by with no progress at
all made with the duplication. What could be wrong? What can I look at to debug
this issue? Thanks in advance for your expertise.

-Tom