Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN Recovery issue and Netbackup 7.1.0.2

2013-12-13 12:55:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN Recovery issue and Netbackup 7.1.0.2
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:55:12 -0500
Hi,

Part of the problem in this scenario is if multiplexing is not being
used (or MPX=1), depending on how the RMAN restore works (make sure
there are 6 channels allocated from the DBA perspective) and since
there are 6 jobs in the activity monitor, it sounds like that is
already in-place.

The other issue I've seen is when the DB restore is asking for the
first set of data which is on those first tapes; however, if he backed
them all up at the same time across 6 tapes simultaneously the same
should occur during the restore.  But you noted this is a separate
master/media server environment, did you re-import these tapes from
scratch via Phase I and Phase II import or how was that handled?

Justin.