Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ACSLS & Vault

2009-07-22 10:09:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS & Vault
From: X_S <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:05:57 -0400
ckstehman, i may have missed it but what in ACSLS do you need that you have to
be at 6.5 or greater?  we've been using ACSLS since NB 4.5

1. we use automatic here for both our sl8500 and powderhorn.  in automatic
mode, you have less commands to run in ACSLS to enter and eject tapes.

2. we also use Vault.  in the vault properties, there's a field to enter in the
cap's ACSLS address.  just be sure to enter that there.  you can have more than
one entry for multiple caps.

3. as mentioned before, the "empty access port" option depends on the library
you have.  ours is greyed out too except for another smaller library we have.
i believe it depends on whether the library will automatically receive the
tapes from the cap and inventory them.

4. if you have windows media servers, you will need Sun's Library Attach to
communicate with ACSLS.