Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running jobs for hot backups of NBU catalog

2008-11-28 06:25:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running jobs for hot backups of NBU catalog
From: "Vidal, Ignacio - (Arg)" <ignacio.vidal AT telmex DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:09:28 -0200
Good morning:
Since some days ago I'm researching about, what I think it's, a problem
(or a bug?) in a new installation of Symantec NBU 6.5.2 on AIX 5.3.

These are the facts:
- you can configure a "catalog backup" policy using hot backups (with
and without wizard)
- it starts a set of backup jobs (parent job, children job for backing
up files, etc...)
- all "children" jobs finishes OK (exit status =  0)
- you got all resulting files generated (with backed up information, DR
plan configuration, and all that stuff)
- all "parent" jobs does not finish, and remain in "running" status till
they have retried as specified (in the policy definition)
- after all retries, "parent" jobs became "failed"

Policy definition was redefined with different settings:
- with / without DR file creation
- with / without email to the administrators
- with / without generating several copies for media

We've reviewed all logging for this policy execution, but maybe we're
loosing focus on what to watch for.

Have anyone a clue about what could be happening?
How can I diagnose this policy execution?
Has anyone had the same situation?

Thank you very much.
Best regards

Ignacio