Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Filesystems for Linux NBU catalog

2008-09-17 09:54:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Filesystems for Linux NBU catalog
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "A Darren Dunham" <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:16:50 -0500
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 2:47 PM, A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com> wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with using other linux filesystems for
NBU catalog hosting?  I'm wondering if XFS would perform better over
time.  Or perhaps I could make some tuning decisions on ext3 for better
long-term resistance to fragmentation.

I've asked Symantec to provide this sort of information to us but so far I haven't heard of any progress on my request.  Customers have a lot of choice, not only for file systems but also architecture, operating systems, etc.  Although many combinations are supported, we don't really know which are ideal.

You could try VxFS and then you'd have a single source to complain to if it doesn't work well enough :-)

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org