Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Script Restores?

2008-01-03 15:51:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Script Restores?
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:37:58 -0500
Sure - at least on UNIX/Linux.   Just do your script around the
bprestore command.

For example we use this for doing data refreshes from a backup run on
one server to a development database on another one:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -R <change script> -L restorelog -C
-s MM/DD/YY hh:mm -e MM/DD/YY hh:mm -f <list of files to restore>

The -s specifies the date/time the backup was started and the -e
specifies the end of the range you want to search.

The -f specifies a separate file in which you specify which items you
wish to restore (e.g. we do a backup that includes data and binaries but
in this list we only put in the selections that would be for data as we
don't do binary refreshes with this process).

The -R specifies a separate file that gives alternate paths for
selections.  e.g. original backup directories shown in the earlier list
might be /database/prod1 and /database/prod2.   We would equate
/database/prod1 with /database/dev1 then /database/prod2 with
/database/dev2 so it would use the dev paths as the alternate paths for
restore.

We also set the bp.conf to do FORCE_MEDIA_RESTORE from the -C client to
the -D client as both are media servers in our environment.