Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Which tape drive type for DLT7000 tape drives and NetBackup 3.4

2007-11-08 06:31:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Which tape drive type for DLT7000 tape drives and NetBackup 3.4
From: Chris Freemantle <chris AT fil.ion.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Aleksandr Nepomnyashchiy <anepomn AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:14:53 +0000
I seem to remember that slow, or stop-start data rates to the drive can
significantly reduce the amount of data on tape.

just a thought

--
Do you want a picture of your brain - volunteer for a brain scan!
http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/Volunteers/

Computer systems go wrong - even backup systems
Be paranoid!

Chris Freemantle, Data Manager
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging
+44 (0)207 833 7496