Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Which tape drive type for DLT7000 tape drives and NetBackup 3.4

2007-11-06 21:59:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Which tape drive type for DLT7000 tape drives and NetBackup 3.4
From: "Aleksandr Nepomnyashchiy" <anepomn AT gmail DOT com>
To: "A Darren Dunham" <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 21:43:08 -0500
Darren,

Thanks a lot for your explanations.

I have got the part about DLT / DLT2 / DLT3 being "bins" to keep
drives separated.
Also, will do dd test, thank you for suggestion.

I am using Soalris 8 device /dev/rmt/0cbn and I saw on library's LCD
that during the backup compression is on. Is this the correct device
to use to get max tape capacity?

Thank you,
Aleksandr