Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] scratch pool compliance

2007-05-14 14:46:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] scratch pool compliance
From: juanino at yahoo.com (Jerry)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:46:01 -0700 (PDT)
I would like to ensure that tapes within my scratch
pool are re-used within a certain number of weeks or
the data completely wiped off of them.  Is there
anyway veritas can do a wipe of the tape before
releasing it back into the scratch pool?

If not is there any way one can think of scripting
such a thing?  I suppose I would have to keep tabs on
what is in my scratch pool and make sure it got erased
somehow.  There is some worry about having expired
images on tape that someone could simply read back in
if desired.  I want stuff that is expired to be
unrecoverable. (reasonably).

-Jerry

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.