Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] A Better Way?

2007-04-30 14:38:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] A Better Way?
From: ssesar at mitre.org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:38:43 -0400
Have you tried installing Cygwin? http://www.cygwin.com/ You'll find
most of your favorite 'NIX utilities there, including sed/awk. For the
PERL hacker, there's also Active State PERL for Windows.

Brooks, Jason wrote:
> I've been working on rewriting some scripts that I received from a
> list member.  Originally, they were written for Unix, and I'm running
> Windows.  What I'm up against is this: I need to check the drives to
> see if they are holding the tapes I want to export.  Here's what was used:
> vmoprcmd -d ds -h master_server
>
> However, the output is less than useable on a Windows box without
> installing extra stuff.  Here's the sample:
>

>                                   DRIVE STATUS
> Drv Type   Control  User      Label  RecMID  ExtMID  Ready   Wr.Enbl.
> ReqId
>   0 hcart3   TLD                  Yes    LT0007  LT0007   Yes
> Yes        0
>   2 hcart3   TLD                  Yes    LT0007  LT0007   Yes
> Yes        0
>   1 hcart3   TLD                  Yes    000108  000108   Yes
> Yes        0
>   1 hcart3   TLD                  Yes    000108  000108   Yes
> Yes        0
>

> Is there an easier way to grab this information?  And by easier, I
> mean something that VBScript could use?  Without awk here, I'm dead.
> And before you mention it, I know there's a windows port of awk.  I'm
> trying to do this as self contained as possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - MS K101
   Bedford, MA 01730