Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] A Better Way?

2007-04-30 14:26:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] A Better Way?
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:26:03 -0400
I've been working on rewriting some scripts that I received from a list member.
 Originally, they were written for Unix, and I'm running Windows.  What I'm up
against is this: I need to check the drives to see if they are holding the
tapes I want to export.  Here's what was used:
vmoprcmd -d ds -h master_server

However, the output is less than useable on a Windows box without installing
extra stuff.  Here's the sample:

                                  DRIVE STATUS
Drv Type   Control  User      Label  RecMID  ExtMID  Ready   Wr.Enbl.  ReqId
  0 hcart3   TLD                  Yes    LT0007  LT0007   Yes     Yes        0
  2 hcart3   TLD                  Yes    LT0007  LT0007   Yes     Yes        0
  1 hcart3   TLD                  Yes    000108  000108   Yes     Yes        0
  1 hcart3   TLD                  Yes    000108  000108   Yes     Yes        0

Is there an easier way to grab this information?  And by easier, I mean
something that VBScript could use?  Without awk here, I'm dead.  And before you
mention it, I know there's a windows port of awk.  I'm trying to do this as
self contained as possible.

Thanks,
Jason