Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO-2 LTO-3 mix

2007-04-25 13:11:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO-2 LTO-3 mix
From: spe08 at co.henrico.va.us (Spearman, David)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:11:37 -0400
Thanks everyone for your replies,

David Spearman
County of Henrico

        -----Original Message-----
        From: David Chapa [mailto:David.Chapa at quantum.com]
        Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:03 PM
        To: Spearman, David; veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
        Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] LTO-2 LTO-3 mix

        Two ways...buy the partitioning license for your i2K and have a
separate logical library for LTO2's and LTO3's

        :-)

        Or you can do it based on media type.

        HCART2 Media (LTO2)

        HCART3 Media (LTO3)

        HCART2 Storage Units

        HCART3 Storage Units

        NBU will only mount HCART2 media in an HCART2 storage unit and
so on.

        The media can reside in the same volume pool - that won't
matter, what matters is the media type and storage unit type.

        david