Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO-2 LTO-3 mix

2007-04-25 13:03:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO-2 LTO-3 mix
From: David.Chapa at quantum.com (David Chapa)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:03:13 -0700
Two ways...buy the partitioning license for your i2K and have a separate
logical library for LTO2's and LTO3's

:-)

Or you can do it based on media type.

HCART2 Media (LTO2)

HCART3 Media (LTO3)

HCART2 Storage Units

HCART3 Storage Units

NBU will only mount HCART2 media in an HCART2 storage unit and so on.

The media can reside in the same volume pool - that won't matter, what
matters is the media type and storage unit type.

david