Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup upgrade 5.1MP5 to 6.0MP4 problems

2007-04-15 13:23:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup upgrade 5.1MP5 to 6.0MP4 problems
From: WAly at Mobinil.com (Wessam Aly)
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:23:15 +0200
Hi all,

I started an upgrade of my netbackup server (HPUX 11.11) from 5.1 MP5 to
netbackup 6.0MP4. everything seemed to be going smoothly and no errors
were reported in the installation phase.

However, when I started my checks, I found out that only the policies
have been migrated. All device and livrary definitions are gone ! And
whats worse, is that all the media information is gone !

I tried to run the graphical wizard to re-detect drives, an error was
reported by the EMM server and the wizard cancelled out before detecting
anything.

I'll try to restore back my original nb5.1 enviroment but I wanted to
understand what went wrong as I need to upgrade soon.

PS: I'm the kind of guy who doesn't really have time to read a 100 page
installation manual, I'd like to do things fast !

Thanks all,
Wessam Aly
Waly at NOSPAM AT mobinil DOT com

*******
IMPORTANT

Confidentiality: This e-mail communication and any attachments thereto contain
information which is confidential and are intended only for the use of the
individuals or entities named above.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the
taking any action in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly
prohibited and may be illegal.  Please notify us of your receipt of this e-mail
in error and delete the e-mail and any copies of it.

Monitoring/Viruses: Mobinil may monitor all incoming & outgoing e-mails in line
with current legislation. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this
e-mail and attachments are free from any Virus, we advise that in keeping with
good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus
free.

The Egyptian Company for Mobile Services (Mobinil)
www.mobinil.com
*******