Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN backups

2006-11-25 21:40:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN backups
From: wts at maine.edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:40:12 -0500
NetBackup is pretty weird in this area, IMHO.  In order to to have
multiple retentions in one Oracle Agent policy, you need to have
multiple application backup schedules, not just a default application
backup schedule.

As with regular file system backups, separate policies are independent
(except that your agent script probably erases archive redologs under
some circumstances).

The archives of this mailing list are filled with advice on agent
backups, how they work and how people use them. I recommend searching
for posts of " Michael F. Lavelle" for excellent information on the subject.

Everything I've written above applies to v5 ... I haven't moved to v6.0.

cheers, wayne