Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] symantec and VERITAS merger good or bad?

2006-10-10 14:51:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] symantec and VERITAS merger good or bad?
From: austin.murphy at gmail.com (Austin Murphy)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:51:19 -0400
On 10/10/06, Bob Stump <stumpb at michigan.gov> wrote:

> It's been some time since the merger and I was wondering how things may have
> changed for you either positive or negative. My experience has been
> negative.
> How has your experience changed?

I have only dealt with Symantec/Veritas after the merger and my
experiences haven't been great.  My gripes:

- Sometimes I can get decent support, but usually the tech people need
to "research" the issue or ask someone else.
- The website is disorganized and all the good, useful info is in some
secret location.
- 6.0 is scary.  How can they release backup software that may or may
not schedule your backups depending on its mood?
- Our account rep is unresponsive too.  You would think they would at
least be motivated to help you give them your money.  No, it takes
hours to get any kind of information out of them and they don't even
know how it is licensed.
- Licensing is convoluted and undocumented (in my searches).

Despite that, it seems to work for me and I don't know of anything better.

Austin