Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] symantec and VERITAS merger good or bad?

2006-10-14 04:55:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] symantec and VERITAS merger good or bad?
From: mcarebackup at hotmail.com (MCare Backup)
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 04:55:58 -0400
Hear, hear.  The support went right into the toilet following the merger,
and NetBackup 6.0 is questionable at best (although Symantec may not have
had anything to do with that).  But let me put it this way -- prior to the
merger, I would have recommended NBU as a backup platform.  Now, I'd only
recommend it if I had no other choice.

To top off their unacceptable support, I just got an offer to take a one-day
class on NBU for only $3500.00.  They can't even support their own product,
why on earth would I pay them that much money for what must be a one-day
seminar on how to open the .pdfs that come with the software?