Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How important is Processing Power?

2006-09-25 12:25:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How important is Processing Power?
From: jroyer at digitalmotorworks.com (Joe Royer)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:25:29 -0500 (CDT)
In my experience, CPU power is much more important on Solaris than on
Linux or Windows, mainly because the Solaris network drivers are such
crap.  It is useful when searching the recovery catalog, but with CPUs
these days, you really don't see much practical difference.  Watch your
performance, make sure you're not maxing out your CPU, and then double
what you think you need (for growth).

--
Joe Royer / SysAdmin / Digital Motorworks / 512-692-1028

attachments from your system.