Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How important is Processing Power?

2006-09-22 15:50:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How important is Processing Power?
From: backupicici at gmail.com (Veritas Netbackup)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 01:20:39 +0530
Hi Jon,

Processing power is important, a month ago I had posted to the list and I
got some real good inputs from our gurus.

We use Sun Fire 6900 server with dual core processors, by merely upgrading
to high clock speed processors, we have observed improved performance in
read writes and also avoiding the backups from aborting with 155.

We backup arnd 10 TB a day and use 4 dual core SPARC procs of 1500 Mhz. I
have learnt from the list and some docs that having multiple media servers
helps see a quantum leap in performance.

Regards,
BIJU KRISHNAN